Bulldozer DZ 42 is a self-propelled earth-moving machine, running on caterpillar tracks. In Soviet times, the model was extended to the entire country. The production technique was carried out at the Volgograd tractor plant. As a base to create a bulldozer made popular tractor DT 75, released in 1963. The developers have added a lot of unique functions and additional features, making a versatile machine that can perform various operations.
In comparison with the prototype of the DZ 42 a significant loss in speed, but got the reversing gearbox and the opportunity to work with soils 1-St and 2-nd degree of difficulty. The bulldozer was represented by the third traction class and had enough to perform heavy operations capacity.
The use of DZ 42:
- the cutting and movement of bulk materials and soil at short distances;
- the works in agriculture (compacting silage, construction of storage facilities, manure removal);
- the digging of pits, holes, trenches;
- the layout of the building plots;
- execution of works in the utilities sector (cleaning of roads from snow and dirt);
- loosening of the soil.
Modifications and features
Bulldozer DZ 42 was produced in several versions, differing by the type of blade used and the execution:
- basic version DZ 42 with fixed otvorenim mechanism;
- DZ 42П with multi-turn otvorenim mechanism. The device is attached by means of universal joints on the bars. The rear portion of the pushing beam is joined with the special I-beam with the use of horse joints. Hinges maintain the operability of the machine in the event of misalignment, allowing you to change the angle of the equipment relative to the surface of the soil. Modification available in 2 versions: direct rotary blade and a rotary blade universal function gidroperekisi;
- DZ 42T with an increased footprint, wide tracks and high ground clearance. Peat modification confidently overcomes wood debris, deep ruts and other obstacles. Each caterpillar DZ 42T 42 includes a link with a special pokozachene, improve patency and prevent them from falling into shaky ground;
- DZ and DZ 42G 42G-1 with a cylinder 2-party actions. Modifications are used to perform work in a mountain area of reclamation operations in agriculture in the areas with a soil of moderate severity.
The advantages of the model DZ 42:
- high performance;
- maximum reliability;
- long-term operation without refueling;
The main disadvantage of this model is a little movement speed and obsolescence of the structure. The versatility, availability, and sufficient reliability to allow DZ 42 to remain popular at present.
- length – 4980 mm;
- a width of 2560 mm;
- height – 2650 mm;
- ground clearance – 380 mm;
- front track – 1330 mm;
- rear track – 1330 mm.
The total weight of the equipment is 7390 kg, specific ground pressure of 0.47 kg/sq. cm Bulldozer could move in the speed range from 0.33 to 11.1 km/h, allowing to adapt to different operating conditions. A pulling force was equal to 36,5 kN.
The main working body of the DZ 42 in the standard version was blade, which was used to move soil at a distance of 50-150 m.
- length – 2560 mm;
- height – 800 mm;
- maximum lifting height – 830 mm;
- limit the recess – 410 mm.
Model DZ 42G was used dozer with the following features:
- length – 2800 mm;
- height – 800 mm;
- maximum lifting height – 635 mm;
- the limiting recess of 300 mm.